Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Battle of the Davids







David Cook vs. David Archuleta
    The battle is over and the winner supreme is DAVID COOK, and I am so pleased with the results.  I was nervous there for a while, I mean the judges on Tuesday night practically gave the title to lil David Archie, calling it a knock-out.  Well I guess it just shows that Simon, Paula, and yo dawg Randy don't know everything! Well we've always known Paula never really knows what she's saying.  Now this may be the first time (minus Blake and Jordin) where either contestant has a pretty much guaranteed career.  Little David is already being played on the radio in Utah, so if anything he will for sure have a "utah" career.  He can be like Carmen Rassmussen, doing random local commercials, he can sing at BYU's stadium of Fire, stake youth conferences, EFY, the options are endless.  Of course, I'm kidding.  The boy's got some serious talent, and will probably, hopefully, go farther than his own backyard! America's sweetheart. 
     Now the American idol winner, he's got to talent, creativity, experience, maturity, and isn't afraid to cry.  He's a total musical package! And have you seen his reenactment of Risky Business for a commercial for Guitar Hero? Priceless.  We are grateful that he cut his hair, and perhaps someday he'll shave his face, he's got a cute smile under there. And he plays the left-handed guitar... and sings broadway.  I play his version of the Phantom of the Opera in my classroom all the time.  My kids enjoy it!  Either way, it was a shocker, not an upset, but I thought for sure David A's innocence would give him the title (as did the judges), but apparently America thought differently. They chos
e the man over the boy, the edge over the innocence, the beast over the beauty, and since I didn't vote once I applaud their choice! I heart David Cook! 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I was all about David Cook, I voted for him like everytime. Then the last night I kind of turned to David A. So I banked on him winning. I was pretty shocked he lost, but I think it was for the best. I hear David A. on the radio already, and I think you're right, he is going to be the hot performers at all the church events. Just kidding.... kind of

Roxanne said...

oh I was all about David Cook too...i still hear people that are like Archelata should have taken it but i was all about hot little cook! I'm glad we think alike!