Monday, June 28, 2010

Trip Home for Summer

Right after school got out I jumped in my little black car and made my way up to the "Big Sky" country to go to my little (bigger) brothers graduation and spend some time with my family!

The whole family was up for Jordan's graduation, and then they all quickly left and I stayed for another week and a half up there with the young ones and the folks. Funny thing about my family is that once the grandkids leave life goes back to normal and I found myself re-watching season 1 of glee and having a really low key week, but I enjoyed the break!

My mothers birthday was over the time that I was there and while I will not reveal her age I will say that we had a princess party to celebrate her youth! :) We celebrated the day before the actual birthday and then on the actual day took a trip up to Glacier National Park with my Grandpa Telford and his wife Tina. We did some small hikes, saw a TON of wildlife, and even stayed in a hotel that I swear they filmed "The Shinning" in. It was an adventure!

Here's are some photos of the trip!

The family at Jordan's Graduation! Jordan was so nice to come back and take pictures after he'd already left for his all night party...

2 and 4....
Mom's birthday cake- Dairy Queen Cakes if you haven't had one.. get one- they're delicious!
This is how Jordan walked in to Mom's "party"
Glacier- this was the waterfall at the end of one of our hikes..
Cameron Lake- yes that is snow and yes that is ice on the lake and yes we went there in June- still cold up in Canada!
Some deer just hanging out... no big deal.
One of the 9 bears that we saw that trip- a new record! Yes I have a picture of each bear, but I don't think I need to post them all.. this little guy was the cutest of them all anyway!
Just a shot of the Big Sky of Montana
A shot of my parents lovely log home... I've never been able to get a picture of the whole thing, so I took advantage of being at the end of the road and got a shot... its a great vacation home for me! :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

You forgot to mention that you were standing on a log over a river that killed a woman the next week - she fell in and drowned! Thanks for keeping me company on the "you drag old people around" tour--according to dad.