Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Bonus in Life....


So I was given this letter by a student last week, and I realized that this is one of the little bonuses that I get in my job.  I work hard all year, and hope that they learn something from me, and in turn apply it to their lives. I'm not just talking about academically, but I hope that I influence them in their decision making, in their ability to become high functioning individuals in our society.  I want them to be able to think for themselves, to work hard and realize that they can do anything.  Now this little letter from a student was just a letter expressing his appreciation for me, but it's a little glimpse into the influence that I have over my students, and how proud I am of the things that they are doing and learning... Aww.. 4th grade is the best- they still love you, and can think for themselves! :)

2 comments:

Denise said...

You are such a good teacher. Your influence will be felt forever in their lives. Gotta love 10 year olds!

Linde said...

What a great letter! Stuff like that does make it all worth it!!