Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Blog #1- My Boyfriend

Hello friends,
I am aware that I am a slacker at blogging, but its been an adventure of a summer, and one that goes down in the record books as possibly one of the most fun! Whoever said summer was a break has never lived a summer with me. Time has flown by, and I look back and I can't believe how much I have done! I guess a picture is worth a thousand words, so heres a summer recap thus far! :)we

My boyfriend of the summer:

My adorable nephew Carter and I have spent many days together this summer! We even took our very own aunt and nephew trip to Montana to visit the grandparents. He is 3 years old, and the funniest kid out there. We flew to Montana, and let me just say, that playing mom for a few days was hard work! Bless all you mothers out there! When told that mom would be lonely while we were gone on our three day adventure, Carter in all his wisdom responded with "Why would she be lonely, she has Alexis"- so there ya have it! Here are a few highlights of our "dates" this summer!


While in Montana- Grandpa, and the Uncles, Carter, and myself too a trip to feed the ducks! One of the highlights of Carters trip to Montana. This goose wouldn't leave him alone, and it would come right up to him and steal the bread right out of his hand. A day with the boys is always fun!!
That is pure feeding the ducks excitement! :)
Aw the pool! We took many trips to one of our favorite summer hot spots the local pool. This trip was just Carter and I. He got a ring pop from the concession and called it his binky. I had to document it.
The sun was shining that day and Mom had forgotten to pack his sunglasses, so for a while he wore mine, and I am so mad I deleted that picture on accident because it is a good one! But my sunglasses, naturally, were too big for his face and kept sliding off, so we came up with this little shady place. I draped my shirt over his head, and ta-dah- instant shade. He seemed content, but it was so silly I had to take a picture.

Lastly, we had our many trips to the bowling alley. He was so cute while bowling. The employees at the bowling alley knew us! And would let him bowl for free, so I was happy about that! They would give him the lightest ball, but he always ended up wanting to bowl with the one I was using. He used the metal thing that helps little ones bowl for a little while, but in the end, just like to grown up he is, he was trying to roll my heavy ball down the alley. At the end of the day I asked him what his favorite part of bowling was, and he said the new shoes, and then quickly changed his mind and informed me that "the new shoes were his second favorite, and his first favorite was when he knocked all the pins down." Spoken like a bowling champion!

Carter is quite possibly the most adorable little boy out there. We have since been on many adventures, and I just love him to pieces. I am going to apologize to all my future nieces and nephews that are sure to come because he is the first and definitely the most spoiled by me. Live it up Carter boy, someday it'll have to end!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

He is a sweetie boy and he absolutely loves his aunt Ky! I agree that he is the cutest boy out there, but I guess I am a little biased. :) I was reading this post to him and at the end he said, "But why does it have to come to an end?" You might have to spoil him forever!

Roxanne said...

Nephew boyfriends are the best-the don't break your heart! How fun!

Kimberly said...

He is my boyfriend too! I love him to pieces. He is sweet and funny and always says the right things to let you know he loves you too! He is a great little nephew- we are two very lucky aunts!