Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Blog #3- July 4th- The day my summer plans changed...

The 4th of July, a day of gratitude for the country we live in, a time to wear our reds, whites and blues, and fireworks. This 4th of July I was attending the Utah tradition of The Stadium of Fire, one of the biggest 4th of July celebrations in the country. So what made today different than any other 4th of July, well at first nothing. I had found out about stadium of fire in the spring, purchased tickets, and was looking forward to seeing the celebration. The one catch- the musical act this year- The Jonas Brothers. Ok, I have not been secretive about the fact that I like these brothers. I saw them with Justin Timberlake last October. Enjoyed their short set, and saw their movie, enjoyed their music and was thrilled at the opportunity to see them again. So I got my friend Megan, I sold some extra tickets I bought to my family (mom, jor, lance, and zach) and some more tickets to my friend Chelsea and some of her friends. It was a good day, I got patriotic nails, ate sushi with the family (Lances choice) I got chicken teriyaki :) I went to the stadium excited for the show. And was it a great show yes. Did I have to best seats no... Did it spark the inner 16 year old in me. Absolutely. Here are some pictures from the night...
This sign was just too perfect to pass up the picture. Especially because I couldn't see the boys.. there is no way they could see it, but you have to give her the props for trying I guess! :)
Jonas.. now keep in mind. I am zooming in on the jumbo screen. So while I didn't have to worst seats they were less than desirable. But I had fun nonetheless!


Now, I say this is the day that changed my summer plans because I had no idea what the Jonas Brothers would do to my summer. I consider myself a concert enthusiast to the say the least. I have been to so many concerts I can't even count, but maybe I should try...
1. New Kids on the Block- my 6th birthday my mom rocks!!
2. Kenny Chesney- 3 times
3. Justin Timberlake - 3 times
4. Carrie Underwood
5. Rascal Flatts
6. Dierks Bentley
7. James Taylor
8. Jack Johnson
9. Billy Joel
10. American Idols Live- 2 different tours
11. SYTYCD Season 4?
12. Nelly
13. N'SYNC
....
I'm sure theres more, but honestly I love going to live music!!! So after stadium of fire, my curiosity got the best of me. So I went to the Jonas Brothers website and check their tour dates. I understand that the Stadium of Fire is not about the music, its about America, so the boys' set was like 6 songs, and that was that. So I found they would be in Las Vegas (my favorite concert get away) on Aug. 1st. Now my problem was finding someone to go with me. I am aware of the appeal of the JoBros to younger audiences and therefore finding some 20 something year old people to go with me was going to be a task. Thankfully I have a soul sister named Chelsea who was just as excited as I was. We went online, got tickets and were set. Next blog- Vegas and once again, a twist in my summer plans!

No comments: