Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Blog #4- To Vegas and Beyond...

Well the story of my summer continues with the preparation for Vegas- preparation is probably an understatement. Since I have been to so many concerts in my 24 years I know that to make a concert fun, you have to be prepared! You have to know the songs, and not just know them, but be able to sing along with them! So since the JB has just come out with a new album and I had approximately 3 weeks before the concert to learn all the songs I set to work. Here's the funniest thing. My little red car (I've had since high school and will only have for a little bit longer) does not have a CD player, and because I had a little computer problem earlier in the summer I've been out of a computer all summer, so I busted out the disc man and jammed to the Jonas in my car! I'm that awesome! Well, during this 3 week preparation period, my dear friend Chelsea called me one day, and informed me that in her home town (Mesa, AZ) the local radio station would be hosting a kickball game vs. the Brothers Jonas on August 11, and it was FREE!! So who'd she call.. ME! So we talked it out, and since she was heading home to AZ August 7th for her dental hygiene school break she wanted me to come with her and then one way fly back in time to start my grown up life of teaching school! So.. I thought for like three seconds about it, and then agreed. However, there is this phrase- Go big or go home- and I like to live by it, so I told her.. If I am going all the way to AZ for a 137 degree outdoor kickball game, you better believe I'm dropping the cash to go the concert that night. So, following my bad influence she agrees, and we start our hunt for JB tickets in AZ. We jump on craigslist looking for anything, cheap, nosebleeds, whatever. We have pretty good seats for Vegas, and thought we could just take what we get for AZ. Low and behold we find some pretty good deals, send a few emails, make a few phone calls, and ta-dah we have floors seats to the concert in AZ, with VIP wristbands, parking passes, our own VIP entrance, and a VIP catered dinner before the show. Can I say VIP one more time!? :) YEAH! This is really happening! I understand that its the Jonas Brothers, but this is amazing! In all my concert experiences this has never happened so smoothly.
BUT- we still at this point haven't been to vegas yet, and I'm still in my 3 week prep stage! So we hit up You Tube search those boys, learn those boys songs, and prepare for the Vegas.
Vegas weekend comes--- We had no idea what we were in for... our seats were amazing! We were just off the floor, could see everything- it was perfect! We sang, we danced, we got foamed, we yelled, we lost our voices, and we're doing it again on Tuesday August 11. And I couldn't be more excited about it. Here are some awesome pictures I was able to snap during the show, and who knows what adventures are sure to come in Arizona.. Knowing my life and history, its going to be an awesome ride! Happy Summer Ya'll (I picked that up in South Carolina)! Look forward to an Arizona Summer Blog #5!!

My amazing friend Chelsea and I waiting for the big show!
Obviously, we are super excited for the boys to come out!
Couldn't help it... We had too!
Both of us had too! :)
Here's the boys! Introducing the Brothers Jonas....

Here's all three of them.. doing what they do best!
Kevin Jonas, the oldest of the three, a ancient 21... :)
Joseph Jonas... The middle one... 20 years old!
And the youngest, but the talent of the group.. Nicholas... 16 years old. (And my favorite)

I'm gonna leave this blog at just this. Yes my pictures are awesome, and my zoom was not used to its full capacity! There are more, many more Vegas pictures to come! Stay Tuned...

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Seriously so fun...and you are going to Arizona? Freak, why wasn't I invited? My top priority needs to hang out with you more since you are so fun! Arizona is going to be hot...

Kristen said...

Hey there! Sounds like you have been busy. I miss all of you guys.
I just started school today. I am back to 3rd grade.
Live it up before you have to go back.