Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Blog #2- Southern Hospitality

My big trip of the summer was down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I have never been down south before (unless you count one day in Miami before last summers cruise, and Disneyworld in Orlando in high school). I was excited for the beach, and relaxation. It was so fun to go to the beach everyday, go to a show at night, eat at some awesome restaurants and just have a truly relaxing vacation! The humidity was great on the skin, bad on the hair, and I got to worst sunburn I've ever had. I'll probably have skin cancer because of it! Here are some pictures, my dear friend Mandy took most of the pictures so I don't have very many, in fact I might have like three of them, but I'll try to explain some things we did.


Mandy and I myself hit up the local wal-mart to get a pedicure, it really was hilarious for so many reasons- #1 Wal-mart, but not just wal-mart, but a wal-mart in south carolina!! #2- Who knew they had nail places in wal-marts- I do now! :) We had a blast in Wally World!
Ok- Here's a good story. So being tourist we weren't exactly sure what was fun to do in Myrtle Beach, and being us we really didn't have anything planned. So we ventured to the clubhouse at the condo we were staying at and asked the receptionist something that was fun to do. She suggested we go and see the legends show. The Legends Show is where people impersonate "Legends" in the music industry. So we went. It was so fun!!! We were probably the only people under that age of 50 in the entire place, but that didn't stop us from doing what we do best! HAVING FUN! The legends were Elvis, Elton John, Donna Summer, The Blues Brothers, and Tim McGraw. Majority of the people didn't know Tim's song, but we sure did. Lets just say we were his favorite! So afterwards we went to see him and he was taking pictures with all the people and there was a line, and we were waiting taking all these pictures of just Mandy and myself, and he finished with one person, and then he goes " I have to go see these ladies" talking about us, so he came over to us to take a picture- we for sure weren't next in line! Needless to say- we loved him!! It was quite the experience. ! :)


I don't have many pictures like I said, but some other things we did, was go deep sea fishing- I loaded up on Dramamine because I have a sea sick problem, and was totally fine- I caught two fish (the most of anyone we were with) and was pretty happy to get off the boat at the end of that day! It was pretty fun, but I couldn't imagine spending anything more than a half a day on that boat in the ocean.

We were in a condo and so some nights we made dinner and stayed in and watched movies, we even went to a movie, and in a reality it was simply a vacation where we rested and had a good time!


1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Next time remind me strongly that i don't like missing out on trips-why didn't I come with you on this? Dumb decision on my part. You guys are the coolest and I should have been there.